Monday, September 18, 2006

This past week has been a week of growth for my little family. Growth, meaning . . .

--William is still teething. Tooth number 8 is on its way.
--I picked William up today and I swear he weighs more than he did last night, and I felt the same way yesterday compared to the night before.
--Teaching math is very different from teaching music. I would much rather prepare students for a concert, rather than a test.
--William has been sick all week. Staying at home with a sick child is not a day off. My patience is growing, I think, at least, I know it should be. Maybe it is growing smaller. (Is that possible?)
--William has learned how to stand up on things. Therefore, William has found out how hard the ground is.
--Brandon has a lot of homework. It's a really good thing that this is his last semester.
--William likes to throw up food that he doesn't like. (Yes, Dan, it's true. I think you jinxed us.)

I've learned a lot this week. I've learned that I'm not as patient as I should be, which must be why that patience is being tried. I've learned that teaching math is harder than I thought it would be. I have to work at it.I've learned that I love my husband and my son with all my heart and that I would do anything for them, even teach math and clean-up throw up. And I've learned that it's a good thing I'm only 25 because I have a lot to learn about life still. I think I am going to pass this little test Heavenly Father has given me. Oops. I shouldn't say that, or there will be another week of growth all too soon.

1 comment:

Dan said...

It is amazing how you can get used to cleaning up your own kids puke. You just grit your way through it and take care of it. Then, you see some other kids puke and it makes you gag and want to hurl. I guess it is a little like smelling your own farts vs. smelling someone else's.