Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I went into William's room last night while he was asleep. I could have sat there for hours watching him. I was amazed at the love I felt for him at that moment. He has become more important to me than I ever thought possible. I don't go through a single hour in a day when I don't think about my little boy. When I am teaching, I find myself thinking about what he will be like in kindergarten, or second grade, or eighth grade. I look at my students and I wonder what their parents did to make them the way they are. I worry that I am going to "mess him up" and I pray that Heavenly Father will allow some mercy to take over, so that I don't "mess him up." When I am talking to others I want to tell them all about how much I love my little boy. I find myself biting my tongue a lot. I know that I am the only one who really wants to talk about my boy for hours on end. When I am listening to music, the words make me think about William. When I am doing laundry, well, the only reason I have that much laundry is because of William. You get the point. I think about my son a lot. I love my son. I am so blessed to be a mother. I pray each day that I may live worthy of this blessing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Bethany, when I get married and have kids, we'll talk about them for hours on end.

Anonymous said...

I love him too!!! You should read the amazing story on my blog...