Tuesday, October 2, 2007

My name is William and I am a car-a-holic


William and I tried to go to story time at the library today. I say "tried" because he only lasted about 10 minutes. By that time, he had already tried to steal another kid's toy car , had a time-out for that, and then tried to take shoes off of some boy. Can you guess what was on the shoes? Yep, cars. The boy tucked his feet underneath him and William just lost it. We walked out of the library with him screaming, "Caaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr." Oh my goodness, I am being punished for any judgmental thought I have ever had about any other mother. AND, I am so done with this obsession. I mean, it was cute when he would point out cars on the road and drive his toy cars around the house for hours at a time. It was cute yesterday when he got a stuffed car pillow from Rebecca. Today, he has taken it too far, he has gotten to the point that he thinks any toy car he sees should belong to him. Anyone know of any local Cars Anonymous meetings I can take him to? This Mom is in need of some serious help.

No comments: