Friday, January 18, 2008

JCPenney Photo Shoot

Anyone that has ever dealt with a 2-year-old will appreciate the work that it took to get these pictures at JCPenney. Oh my gosh, let me tell you, William was a classic 2-year-old. He did not want to be in the room with the photographer. I scanned their closet of props using toy after toy to try to coax him into the room AND get him to look at the camera. I asked the lady first thing if she had a car. All she pulled out was a little hot wheel. Which allowed for one picture of him with red puffy eyes.

Next we tried the teddy bear. He thought it was pretty cool to knock the teddy bear off the stool. The second shot is a cute picture, if you want to remember the back of his head for the rest of eternity.



Next try was a rubber ducky. Yeah right. We tried a wooden block number 2. Miracle! He held it up and smiled at the camera. The 2 was backwards, of course, the photographer didn't even save that picture, although I kind of wish she had. Anyway, at that point we gave up and decided to take some pictures of Marie, so I changed William into the outfit I had planned for his picture with Marie. It was then that I finally found THE perfect prop, a wagon. We put the wagon on the drop cloth, he sat in it, and the photographer started shooting. William was not in the outfit that I bought like 4 months ago, specifically for his 2-year-old pictures, but he was smiling! Haven't I said before, motherhood is all about rolling with the punches.



Compared to William, Marie was an angel, but we did have to stop and feed her in the middle of the session. Thank goodness the appointment after ours cancelled!


And this gorgeous picture was the ONLY one that we managed to get of them together. At this point William is looking at Marie and then he decides he doesn't really want to have anything to do with her or the photographer anymore and then Marie started crying, so we called it quits. How 'bout a shout out to the photographer for capturing this picture. You would never guess the chaos that surrounded this seemingly precious moment.



Moral of the story: How boring would life be if we didn't experience crazy times like these? I mean, can you imagine how dull this post would have been if our photo shoot had gone perfectly?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Smith Family said...

YOU GO GIRL! Your a better mom than I'll EVER be. I ALWAYS make Cason go with me to get pictures done because I'm so scared that my kids will ALL turn on me and start FREAKING out, and I wouldn't be able to handle it. LOL. The pictures are SO adorable. And I think that you AND the photographer did great!

Di said...

Cute pictures. I love sepia. The pic with William and the bear is darling. And how lucky to get such a cute one of the two of them together! Can't wait till it is my turn to wrestle with a 2-year-old!

Carina said...

Cute picture! I think it's hilarious that you can see the duck and block on the floor when he's chillin' in the wagon. LAME that they didn't have cars. What boy would not love to play with a nice Tonka Truck for example?

CUTE, Cute, Cute pictures!

Shawn and Mish said...

They turned out adorable! I am sure all the trouble seems worthwhile. I love checking your blog. I have hardly had any time to get to know you, so I guess this is sufficient for now since I never know when I will be on the same side of the country as my extended family.