Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Double Double Your Delightment!

Brandon ordered these lovely roses for me for Valentine's Day. They are gorgeous, aren't they? Anyway, he ordered them from proflowers.com. They send the flowers and the vase in a box and then the receiver is intended to arrange them. Well, when I received the box I opened it up to find two dozen gorgeous roses and a broken vase! I was so bummed because the vase was way cute. It was off-white ceramic with red and pink polka dots. So, I called the company to let them know and the customer service lady said that they would send out a replacement order and that I should throw away all the contents from the first order. Yeah right! Who in their right mind would throw away two dozen roses? Then the lady told me that the exact order was no longer available (darn it, I really wanted that vase) and gave me three choices of orders in the same price range. I chose tulips in a square vase. I have thoroughly enjoyed 2 fresh flower arrangements in my house. They are both beautiful and make me think that maybe spring will come after all AND most importantly, they remind me that Brandon loves me. Happy Double Valentine's Day to me!










P.S. I have decided that when I am rich I am going to have fresh flowers in my house all year. They are just so bright and cheery. In the meantime, I guess I might need become more domestic and start a flower garden. Yikes.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Smith Family said...

Hey, what a great deal! That other vase DID sound really cute. Was it fixable at ALL?
Oh, so Aubrielle IS SO tall. She's wearing 6 months right now. She's pretty lean, just SUPER long. It's funny. My girls were like ONE before they hit the 6 month clothes mark. I have to say that just like Marie, Aubrielle LOVES watching her sisters play. She can be kind of fussy sometimes and just want to be held, but when her sisters are playing near by she can be entertained FOREVER! Some times I'll even say... girls, come play by Aubrielle. LOL. Hey what ever it takes right??