Tuesday, March 4, 2008
William's Room . . . Again
I just wanted to post some more pictures of William's room because that one picture didn't do it justice,especially the curtains. I am shamelessly proud of the curtains, mostly because they turned out a whole lot cuter than I expected. I just love the bright colors and have thrown in some red because if I am ever crazy enough to decide to have another kid, then William and Marie will be sharing a room. Therefore, the red is in honor of Marie, William's future roommate. I am really wondering about the paint colors. Right now it is the same color as the rest of the house, a light yellow. I am thinking that I will do a couple of colors, but I don't want to darken the room up to much. Another thought I had was to do a horizontal stripe on a couple of the walls, right at the top, where you might put a wallpaper border. It's not like I will have time to paint anytime soon. Really I am just thinking "out loud." If you have any ideas, though, I am all ears!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hey! The room looks great! My brother and sister-in-law did orange in their kids rooma and did a horizontal stripe. I'm not saying you should do orange but you might look at the stripes on their blog. Mike and Karli Badger.
Love the curtains, you should be proud! And I love the idea of a horizontal stripe. Maybe even more than one...
Love the curtains, you should be proud! And I love the idea of a horizontal stripe. Maybe even more than one...
I love those curtains! I bet you put a lot of time into them. Isn't it fun having a boy and a girl?
Okay, I've done a lot of thinking about this... and I have decided... that...I would probably go for a blue color. I like the blue that's on William's name thingy on that shelf. Kind of a slate blue. I don't know if that would match the curtains, but its a good color.
BUT I had another cool thought. I don't know how handy your hubby is... but I saw this done in one of my friends houses and it looked AWESOME. She ran just a regular piece of molding around the whole room about... 1/4 of the way up, and painted from the molding down kind of a cream or that light yellow color, and then from the molding UP, she painted a darker blue. It didn't make the room look dark AT ALL, because of the lighter color on the bottom and lighter ceiling. It was really neat. Just a suggestion.
I like the smith family idea. My mom's living room is done that way, except the top is two different shades. She did the first coat in one shade, used a cloth and roughly rolled the second shade, then did the first shade roughly rolled on top of that. It might be fun with two different colors rather than shades of the same color.
Post a Comment