Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cupcakes

(click on picture for Betty Crocker's recipe, click here for the recipe I used)

Aren't these adorable? Perhaps if you are my age, you remember having these as a child because according to cakespy, they were a major trend in the 80s. Whatever the case I thought they would be a fabulous addition to Marie's birthday party this past Saturday. They were. Even though I filled each cone a bit too much and they came out of the oven looking like this ...


Lovely, ain't it? Oh well. With some funky colored buttercream frosting slapped on them, they were delicious.

4 comments:

Dan said...

I can't believe that chair is still around.

jill said...

Wow. You're brave. Great job on the camouflage!

Becky said...

I LOVED these when I was a kid. I thought they were the coolest thing ever. Thanks for the reminder, i am totally going to make some for my kids. They will think I am a genius. By the way, I think yours turned out super cute!

Becca said...

I had those kind of cupcakes at a party once...I think it was my sleep over one...that was a total disaster. The sleep over not the cupcakes.