Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Inspiration



Remember when I was trying to come up with ideas about how to paint William's room?

I was just talking to a friend today about how I am really good at copying other people's ideas. Making up my own? Not so much.

That being said, this is what I am copying for William's room. The paint that is. Except that the background color is going to be yellow instead of white. And I will probably use some kind of technique like sponging on each of the colors just to add a bit of texture to the room.

I am thinking that maybe after the holidays this will go on the to-do list.

A home improvement project will definitely help me through the January blahs.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Okay I like the basic idea the stripe. But I think you should pick three colors from the curtains and paint a board like stripe with those. They could be around 2-3 inches thick and then where Williams name in wood is, paint that wall one of the solid colors and maybe the adjacent wall solid too. I think that will bring out his bed set more.
If this doesn't make sense just call me and maybe I can explain it better.

Becca said...

Okay let me change that 2nd solid wall to where the light switch and door are.