Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Rewards.


I have started to cut William's hair myself. It saves $10 a month but it adds a lot of stress to my life. First of all, I have never been taught how to cut hair. Second, I am a lot more critical of my own work than other peoples, in most areas of life. So I look at William every day and notice all the imperfections of his hair cut.

This morning we were heading out the door to Marie's 12-month doctor's visit. The sides had been driving me nuts so I trimmed them a bit. (He wasn't very happy about it. Recently he has decided that haircuts hurt. Hello, he has been getting haircuts for almost 2 years now. Silly boy.) Anyway, I finally gave up and decided to leave well enough alone.

When the doctor walked into the exam room he said, "Hey buddy. You must sit really still for your haircuts, that looks really good."

Ah, the rewards of motherhood.

And then I wonder. Hmmmm .... does the Doctor need glasses?

P.S. Marie's appointment went well. She is healthy and happy. She has a big head, like her brother. Her body is proportionate to it though, unlike her brother.

Edited to change picture. I realized that the first picture I had was deceiving. William's hair didn't look that bad!

5 comments:

Amber said...

That picture made me so nervous. I had to look to make sure it wasn't William. (didn't have to look too long, obviously) We have our appointment on Thursday. Aren't there a lot of shots this go around?

Becca said...

Just shave it all off then you won't have to worry about how bad it looks.

Becca said...

Plus Christian, Jayna and I thought the lst picture looked to much like Jacob.

Carina said...

I have absolutely NO idea why my post is under "amber". Any ideas? :)

Shelene said...

You were luckier than this time around for me. I trimmed around Spencer's ears, and it ended up WAY too short on one side, and okay on the other...poor kid! Good job on William's though!