Friday, November 21, 2008

Gratitude

This past week has been tough for many reasons. Some I’ve shared, some I haven’t. Those things that have made life tough have caused for much reflection on my part. I found myself looking for things I am grateful for so that I could keep my chin up. The hymn, "Count Your Many Blessings" played in my mind. I often repeated to myself, "This is my dream. This is my dream. This is my dream!" And daily I became increasingly aware and grateful for the support system that I have been blessed with. In honor of the season, I have to express my gratitude and one post isn’t going to be nearly enough. We’ll start with a couple, but stay tuned. There is lots of gratitude headed this way!

PICT7223

This handsome, wonderful, loving, patient man. I love this man. He keeps me going. He keeps me sane. He dries my tears and helps me laugh. Love. Love. Love. Him.

 PICT6184

My mother. I am reminded of a song from an old, believe it or not, chipmunk movie.

Hard to remember,
Summer or winter,
When she hasn't been there for me...
A friend and companion,
I can always depend on,
My mother, that's who I need...

If I can learn to my half the mother that my mom is, I will be doing pretty good.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I just watched that movie...