Sunday, December 14, 2008

What We've Been Up To

Am I the only one that is feeling like, no matter how much preparation you do prior to December, December is just going to be crazy?

Perhaps the fact that we have two birthdays and a wedding this month, in addition to Christmas, has something to do with it.

Never mind the fact that I am Primary Secretary for a Primary with about 150 kids and we are frantically trying to get things ready to go for the first Sunday in January because I won't be attending our ward for the last two Sundays of this year.

Oh, and Marie went through a bout of croup-almost bronchitis again this weekend. Thankfully I took her into the doctor in its very earlier stages so we were able to get rid of it fast. (I can recognize croup from a mile away. It's not hard when my two kids have had it about 6 or 7 times between the two of them).

Phew. Alright. Thanks for listening. I am officially done complaining. Now for the good stuff.


On Friday night we got to celebrate Brandon's birthday with his entire family by going out to dinner. We didn't take a single picture, but William and I did manage to make a sign for him earlier in the week so I took a picture tonight. No birthday cake, we didn't want the calories. I didn't even wrap his present because he picked it out with me a few weeks ago. Just call me Super Wife. Thank goodness Macaroni Grill provided him with a cake, candle, and "Happy Birthday" sung in Italian by a wanna-be tenor or I might go into mourning for the Birthday that Wasn't. (That, might I add, was the best part of the night. William got giddy with excitement when they sang to Brandon. "Daddy. You have a birthday. Daddy. Happy Birthday to you!")

The next day Brandon's sister, Ashley, got married. Mother Nature decided to celebrate Ashley's wedding with the first real snow storm of the year. Even a blizzard couldn't wipe the smiles off this couple's face and the weather got us out the tradition of a tedious photo taking session outside of the temple. Does it get any better than that? Oh wait, it does. We got to stuff ourselves silly at Tucanos for the wedding luncheon. Delicious.

4 comments:

laura said...

"I know exactly what to do for croup. You forget that Mrs. Hammond had twins three times. When you look after three pairs of twins you naturally get a lot of experience. They all had croup regularly. Just wait till I get the ipecac bottle."

Shawn and Mish said...

I am BUMMMED that I missed all the wedding festivities!!!!! (and tucanos!) I am sure it was beautiful!

Just dandee said...

Yeah, I don't think it matters how much prep you do. December is still going to be CRAZY. We also have a couple B-days (Tyler's right before Thanksgiving and Dan's on Dec 8th) and then our WEdding anniversary is Dec. 18th. Seriously, what were we thinking. Well, good luck the next week and a half. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Amy said...

Hey! I just saw you don't check myspace so I thought I would leave a message here...sorry it really has nothing to do with your blog...which I am sorry about the croup. Poor babes and poor mama.
I was wondering how you got your three column to work?? I can not for the life of me, figure it out! I tried following "the cutest blog..." instructions and it did not work. So ya, I am frustrated. Also, I am going to read that food book from your "good reads" column. Okay, ttyl!