I am not ashamed to admit that I am a Broadway junkie. I even took a Musical Theater class in college, just for the fun of it. Seriously, who takes any class in college just for the fun of it? Unfortunately Michael Ballam taught the class which nearly ruined it for me, but that is another topic for another post that probably won't ever be written. Sorry. Tangent. Back on track. My addiction to Broadway made it next to impossible for me to sleep at night knowing that I hadn't seen Wicked yet. Thanks to the incredible generosity of my parents my insomnia has ended. The day after Christmas we enjoyed the incredible talents of Eden Espinosa, Megan Hilty, and Derrick Williams as they starred in Wicked at the Pantages Theater. It was fantastic. My favorite number of the show was "No Good Deed" which was actually a bit of a surprise to me. I was very familiar with the music and expected "Defying Gravity" to be the show stopper. It was incredible and did not disappoint, but "No Good Deed" was by far the stand out of the night. Thanks Mom and Dad!
Monday, December 29, 2008
Wicked Good
I am not ashamed to admit that I am a Broadway junkie. I even took a Musical Theater class in college, just for the fun of it. Seriously, who takes any class in college just for the fun of it? Unfortunately Michael Ballam taught the class which nearly ruined it for me, but that is another topic for another post that probably won't ever be written. Sorry. Tangent. Back on track. My addiction to Broadway made it next to impossible for me to sleep at night knowing that I hadn't seen Wicked yet. Thanks to the incredible generosity of my parents my insomnia has ended. The day after Christmas we enjoyed the incredible talents of Eden Espinosa, Megan Hilty, and Derrick Williams as they starred in Wicked at the Pantages Theater. It was fantastic. My favorite number of the show was "No Good Deed" which was actually a bit of a surprise to me. I was very familiar with the music and expected "Defying Gravity" to be the show stopper. It was incredible and did not disappoint, but "No Good Deed" was by far the stand out of the night. Thanks Mom and Dad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad you got to see it! I love that show! Wish I were at your house to keep pushing "repeat" for you and your song. :)
Post a Comment