Sunday, April 26, 2009

And to top it all off . . .

Don't get me wrong, I like cats. They go really well with country gravy. But the goal here is to keep them out of the 6ft x 6ft giant litter box. I really haven't ever seen a cat in our neighborhood, let alone our backyard. But due to the implications of the possibility, I decided a proactive over reactive solution would be best. So I put on a lid.

Emmanuel Nobel, inventor of plywood, for some reason decided that our world was built in 4ft x 8ft increments. However, this is no good-o for the 6x6 sandbox. So, I had to cut and join two sheets together.


Two sheets of plywood, framed and braced.


Now stained to withstand the humid, tropical Utah environment


Ta Da!


Now it's just missing two things, William and Marie. 11 days and counting!

4 comments:

Di said...

Wahoo!! Looks great! So did you use a hinge for the sandbox cover? Your kids will have a blast this summer in the backyard with a sweet slide and an awesome diggin' spot!

Bethany said...

That makes me so excited. Fantastic. My hubby's skills rock!

The Harpers said...

Brandon, I'm super impressed! It looks fabulous!!

Genni said...

nicely done!