Semi-annual conference weekends are my two favorite weekends of the year.
Reason one, I don’t have to get dressed for church or wrestle with my kids in a quiet chapel.
Reason two, for 8 hours I am blessed to listen to the testimony and the knowledge of the righteous men and women that lead the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. If you only listen to one talk from this conference, which I know you won’t only listen to one because that would be like eating one bite of a delicious chocolate chip cookie, but if you do only listen to one, listen to the word’s of our living prophet, Thomas S. Monson.
Reason three, it is an excuse to eat yummy treats, like cinnamon rolls and ice cream. (This was Marie’s first ice cream cone. Just in case you wanted to know, you know, for posterity’s sake and all.)
Reason four, William is now old enough to comprehend what is going on. This year his grandma sent him a conference activity packet complete with ties to color (to match what color tie each apostle had on) and a game of conference BINGO.
4 comments:
I love conference weekend too! Is there anything better than two days of sitting at the feet of the prophets? Looks like your kids had a blast too!
Amen! Love conference weekend. Looks like you guys had a good time.
Shelley
You must be super mom, my kids were not about to sit quiet so I could take it all in! But ditto to everything else, Ahhhhhhhh! ;)
So... I have heard about those conference activity packets and find that my boys really NEED them. Where did she find it? I do think that would be VERY helpful in keeping the kids from getting board.
Post a Comment