My first thought was that I should get up and see if Brandon needed any help. Then I remembered it was Mother's Day and because Brandon couldn't bear to keep it a secret, I knew that a delicious breakfast was in store for me. I forced myself to lounge in bed. You see, the curse of motherhood is that we always wish for a break, but when that break comes we feel guilty for neglecting our responsibilities. True, ladies? It is for me, and it's definitely a curse.
When the magic moment arrived my favorite three people poked their heads in the room and announced that breakfast was ready. I slipped on my robe and followed them to the kitchen. (We don't do breakfast in bed around here. Too messy and too lonely.) This deliciousness is what greeted me at the table.
Berry filled crepes drizzled in orange sauce and topped with whipped cream. Y.U.M. It doesn't get any better than that. That breakfast is why I became a mother.
OK, maybe it is, like, number 4 in my "Bethany's Top Ten Reasons to Become a Mother" list. Which is pretty good if you ask me.
Yum. Now I want it again.
4 comments:
I love crepes. What a nice way to wake up!
Oh yummy. Your lucky I didn't even get that.....Glad your mom's day was great.
looks delicious. and....7 is sleeping in for me too and im not a mother. whats wrong with me?
Yum yum. How about a recipe?
Post a Comment