It is late and I am going through the plethora of pictures that I have managed to take this month. It has been a picture worthy month for sure.
This picture takes the cake though, mostly due to the story that accompanies it.
Only seconds after this picture was taken Marie's face was clean as a whistle. I know, you don't believe me because you have played in the sand before. Your kids have played in the sand before. Your kids have done a face plant in the sand much like the one that preceded the taking of this fabulous picture. We all know sand gets everywhere and it sticks!
Enter: Baby Powder
Pour a little in your hands, rub on the sand afflicted area and you have saved yourself from a day like this one.
That isn't even the real miracle. The real miracle is that we got home from the beach, brushed the munchkins off with baby powder and put them down for naps. No baths necessary. (Until later that evening, of course. Baths really are a necessity after the beach, but naps take precedence over baths when it is already 2:30pm.)
And now for the sad part of this story ... I grew up in California and just learned this trick. Obviously I didn't spend enough time with the surfer-type.
Dear sweet baby powder, where have you been all my life?
4 comments:
I had NO idea! Awesome tip. I'm totally using that one! And yes, I completely agree with you about the nap thing. My girls could be covered in dirt or sticky mess from candy, but if they are ready for a nap then you just wipe them down best you can.... and move onto nap time. lol. If they are ready, they are ready!!
lol
Shelley
That is so neat! Thanks for sharing that. I will have to bring some baby powder next time I go to the beach...
Thanks for the tip! I am still in California and around the surfer type and had no idea!!!! I am putting some in my car this very minute...
hmm...Maybe I should've shared that with you...
...I've known for quite a while.
Sorry about that!
Post a Comment