Saturday, June 20, 2009

Carne Asada

Tonight was an evening that we have been looking forward to for sometime now, and wouldn't you know it, we didn't take a single picture!

Silly us.

It's not because the company wasn't worth remembering, because they were. We invited some good friends who were gracious enough to make a 45 minute drive up to see us.

Davis and Rebecca rock.

Rebecca is fabulous with William and Marie. She willingly puts up with all their I'm-showing-off-for-the guest antics and when they calm down enough to just play quietly she asks them questions about the colors of the toys, counts pictures on the toys, talks about what the toys are.... I am envious as I watch her play with my children and teach them at the same time, wishing that it came as naturally to me as it obviously does for her.

Davis is the King of Compliments. Once again, I find myself feeling envious, wishing that the ability he has to share the kind thoughts he has for others was one of my strengths, as well.

There. I had to get that out. You see, I want to be more like Davis.

Now, about the lack of pictures.

It wasn't until our guests had gone home and our kids were in bed that I realized we hadn't taken any pictures. Our fabulous dinner was mostly cleaned up, other than several items in the sink. We also had a fridge full of leftovers. So that is what you get, as proof that tonight really happened.



a sink full of dishes


a fridge full of leftovers

Without a doubt, I have some recipes to post. Tonight, however, my hubby is sitting on the couch relaxing and I would like to cuddle up next to him.

Good night.

1 comment:

Jill said...

The leftovers look delicious. I will patiently wait for the recipes.