Thursday, June 4, 2009

Gone But Not Forgotten

I first met this beauty on my 22nd birthday. My dad brought her to me. Although it was not love at first sight, I was deeply grateful for the convenience she would bring into my life. Time passed, miles were driven, memories were made, and love grew.

Now 7 years later it is time for me to move on. She just can't meet my needs anymore. I will never forget what she brought to my life, though.

Roadtrips, roadtrips, and more roadtrips. Thousands of miles worth of roadtrips.

Our getaway car at our reception, complete with an entire bag of confetti poured into the vents. A random piece of confetti will still shoot out every once in a while when we turn the A/C or heat on, almost five years after the blessed event.

Our honeymoon car. We drove from Monterey to V-town in this baby, a 16-hour drive total. I got pulled over, but didn't get a ticket. Maybe the cop saw the confetti and had pity on us?

We brought William home from the hospital in this sweet Saturn. Brandon and I were so nervous to be in a car with him. I think Brandon drove about 20 MPH the entire way home (good thing the hospital was only about 1 mile away) and I checked every 5 seconds to see if our baby boy was still breathing. Ah, the paranoia of new parents.

Yes, life was sweet with my little blue Saturn. She will be missed.

But you know what they say, "Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end."

Good-bye, Saturn.
Hello, Sienna!



Disclaimer: This is not actually our Sienna. I haven't taken a picture of our Sienna, yet. I am OK with that. You should be, too.

No comments: