Saturday, June 13, 2009

Marie-esque: Heard Around the House Lately


Marie: Mooooooommmmmmmmyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Mooooooommmmmmmyyyyyy!!!!!
Mommy: Yes, Marie.
Marie: Look, bird. or Look, aypwane (airplane). or Look, baby. Basically, anything that has caught her interest at the moment.

Repeat indefinitely until she gets bored of the game and finds something else to do.
____________________________________________________________________

Any given moment of the day Marie is very likely to get upset and start crying for who knows what. Unless we are around other people,of course, then she is a perfect angel.She's scheming to make a liar out of me.


Mommy: Don't cry, honey. Be happy.
This is usually answered with more crying that increases in volume.
Mommy: Marie, if you are going to cry, you can do it in your room. Be happy.
Marie: Mommy. Mommy. I cwying.*sniff* Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

And off to her room she goes.
________________________________________________________________________

Sometimes the things that come out of her mouth aren't terribly funny, but they make me smile because she is 20 months old and hearing her talk at all is just so dang cute! Some examples ...

As I was trying to help her eat lunch today she kept saying, "No want it. No want it."

When she hears another baby/child crying in a store, "Mommy. Mommy. She's sad."

She completes her own conversations: Thank you. Wacka (welcome). or Mommy. What. Look.

And whenever William has to say sorry to her, she always says sorry back. This frustrates William to no end. "No, Marie. I took your toy. I say sorry." *eye roll*

3 comments:

Becca said...

don't you just love that age...even when they seem like monster you have to laugh silently at them.

Shelene said...

I love hearing fun things kids say.....check out my sister Jenae's blog, her daughter is such a character!...and, I LOVE that dress...can I get two?

Bud & Kim said...

The dress turned out SO cute Bethany!