Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday Sanity

Confession. Sundays are not my favorite day of the week. Brandon is gone for meetings in the morning while I am trying to get myself and the kids in our Sunday best. It is the only day of the week when I try to spend more than about 10 or 15 minutes getting myself ready. The kids mutiny against this. Lately, Sunday or not, they have required my undivided attention. I must keep them busy or they will keep themselves busy and that is never a pretty picture. It usually involves running around the house, wrestling on any one of the three beds (all of which are supposedly off limits to that), or William teasing Marie which results in her screaming and crying.

So, during the week I usually plop William down in front of the T.V. Marie just hangs in my bathroom/bedroom with me and usually tries her hand at applying deodorant on her legs or toothpaste in her hair.

The problem on Sundays? The T.V. is off limits, except for the one Living Scriptures video that we got for free that only lasts 20 minutes and William was tired of it by the third week of having to watch it.

Thankfully I learned that I need to prepare all our clothes on Saturday night to protect the sanity of all involved on Sunday morning. Ironing clothes is not an option with a toddler and a preschooler scurrying around your feet.

Beyond that there is only so much that I can do the night before, so for those few selfish minutes that I try to take to, heaven forbid, shower, do my hair, and apply make-up, I have fallen in love with the fact that the church publishes the Friend on the internet.

Here is the link to my Sunday sanity, people .... Gospel centered puzzles and matching games.

Heaven on earth, I tell you. Heaven on earth.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, good idea! I will have to check those out!

Lauren said...

AWESOME! My kids love online games...so far we have on Favorites; PBS, Nick Jr, Starfall(learning one you should try) and now Friend Games! yay!

Heather said...

What a great idea! I will have to take a look.

Shelene said...

Since our computer was purchased mostly for the purpose of dad doing freelance work, the computer is off limits to the kids, but we also like the DVDs that come in the Ensign every so often. The kids love Mr Krugers Christmas.