Sunday, July 19, 2009

Me? A Runner?


My sister and I ran another 5K on Saturday. It was for our local Heritage Days and because of that a few ward members saw me crossing the finish line.

Today at church one of those sweet chicas said to me, "I didn't know you were a runner."

I just laughed. My father-in-law has done 19 marathons and countless 5Ks and 10Ks. With three 5Ks under my belt, I have a long way to go before I would ever consider myself "A Runner".

Regardless, I love the sense of accomplishment I feel as I run these races. I've come a long way from the pudgy little girl with asthma who couldn't even run a mile, that I used to be.

The human body is an incredible creation, isn't it?

8 comments:

MLPCamper said...

The body is an incredible creation, but the spirit is the divine master that crafts the body into what it can become...I have an incredible daughter

Jill said...

Way to GO!!

Debbie said...

Great job!! Kendall was going to run that 5k but we didn't have time! I like to run it's good "me" time, even if you are pushing the kids in a stroller they dont complain much and dont require as much attention!! I love it! You look so cute in your running outfit with your # on! And a 30 min. time is really good! Keep up the good work!

Amy Sue said...

You look great! Keep up the good work!

Shawn and Mish said...

Way to go! You look stunning, even in your workout attire. I usually look chubby and tired in mine. Maybe after baby I can work on gettin' slim again. Thanks for the inspiration!

Heather said...

Congrats! Now you can move on to a half marathon. I'm training for one that is end of Aug. if you are interested, oh and I am definitely NOT a runner. Very cute pic. Love the outfit.

Carina said...

You are a hot mama! Congratulations!

M&EMS said...

Where did you find such cute modest workout clothes? You are amazing with running. I still feel like the pudgy girl with asthma! ;)Maybe someday I will get to the point where I can go running too.