Sunday, August 2, 2009

William's First Talk

This one's for you, Grandma and Grandpa.

(Don't be fooled, those aren't blocks in his hand. That, my friends, is an HD microphone.)



THE TEXT
The temple is the house of the Lord.

My family can be together forever through the blessings of the temple.

Matthew 16:19 "And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

We serve others through temple work.

Temples bless Heavenly Father's children throughout the world today.

When Jesus comes again, He will come to the temple.

I am thankful for temple blessings and my family.

In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

8 comments:

Debbie said...

He did such a good job on his talk, Im very impressed he memorised it all!! It was VERY cute, you must be so proud!

Becca said...

That is the same talk Christian gave this week. JK it was the same topic though.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I think I should have Joshua take lessons! He still won't talk at the podium in primary. He stands there, giggles, and sticks his fingers in his mouth. Last time we did have some improvement, and he consented to hold the pictures while I gave his talk. Ha ha! How long did you work on it???

Rachel said...

I love it! did he memorize it? i didn't see brandon helping him that much. Our ward never has the sunbeams give talks or anything....

Sandy said...

FANTASTIC!! What wonderful parents you are and what a darling child. Good for you for having him memorize the talk (including a scripture -- I had seminary students that struggled with that scripture).

Stephen and Kjerstin said...

Bethany and Brandon...this is phenomenal! There is no doubt in my mind about how lucky these wonderful children are to have you. You can tell by his talk and his preparation that his parents are angels! You should be so proud! I'm IMPRESSED! I want him in my fifth grade class years down the road okay?

Jill said...

Good job, WILLIAM!!!! Dave and I were both very impressed. Way to go, Bethany and Brandon, too. We're impressed with you two too.

Laura said...

I haven't been on your blog for a bit (unfortunately I don't check private blogs as much--but that just means I get to spend a whole virtual evening with you), but I had to comment to say:

HE MEMORIZED IT? Are you kidding me?!!

You're downright impressive, Bethany. Downright impressive.