The event, as described by William, was a trip to "The Monster Truck Theater (deemed such because they sell popcorn, just like at the movie theater" As described by Marie, "Daddy an' Yiyiam see mon'ser tucks. Mommy and Ree-ree watch Cindewella!" Brandon would describe it as a night out with a bunch of red necks and I would describe it as a quiet night at home suffering through the fatigue and nausea of the first trimester.
Whatever the case, the main purpose for guy's night out/girl's night in was for our monster truck obsessed son. It came about earlier that week when Brandon and I saw a commercial for a Monster Truck Rally at a local sports arena. We had mentioned to each other several times in the past that we thought William would love a something like that.
Brandon bought the tickets the next morning. I had nightmares all week about forgetting to send the camera with him. Instead, I sent the camera with bad batteries. Nice, huh?
The show was long, but William made it through. The most anticipated part was the last 30 minutes, the freestyle stuff. That's when the monster trucks drive over cars and all that crazy business. Brandon says it was actually kind of disappointing. William just says it was loud. But apparently it made somewhat of a lasting impression because just this morning he said to me, "Mommy, at the monster truck theater there were monster trucks that had more than 4 wheels so that the trucks could go vroom, vroom, vroom over the dirt and ....... (this is where he lost me for a second due to Marie almost spilling her milk) ...... so I think you need to get a monster truck like that to drive. OK, Mommy?" Riiiiggghhht .....
Meanwhile at home, Marie and I got into our PJs, curled up onto the couch and watched Cinderella. Marie curled up into me and we spent the first 20 minutes of the movie, at least, following this dialogue:
Marie: What's that?
Mommy: That's a __________ (mouse, bird, flower, whatever was on the screen at the time)
Marie: Oh, I love _______________.
Definitely a night to remember, pictures or not.
1 comment:
Oh, I love it when the kids start referencing special nights out with their parents. Lucky William!
Post a Comment