Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's All in the Details

In answer to the spoken and unspoken questions that are being asked:

When are you due:

The highly scientific guess given to me is July 30th. I suspect I will deliver earlier than that, especially since I hope to have a scheduled induction in order for my mom (who lives in California) to be able to be at the birth. The problem? The doc might not want to schedule it before 39 weeks (understandably) and I have had my other two babies at 11 days and 15 days early. In other words, before I hit 39 weeks. Whatever the case, this baby will be born in July. Our little firecracker!

Was it planned or a surprise:

Can I just share my shock that people even ask this question to anyone? Let's be honest, nobody has asked me this time around, but I got it with both William and Marie. Seriously, why does it matter? Anyway, for the record, yes, baby #3 was planned. Our timing was vetoed, as we were hoping for a spring baby, but I am over that and quite excited for a July baby.

Are you finding out the gender:

Nope, unless the doctor spills the beans, which we are hoping won't happen. Apparently finding out at the birth is "like Christmas day" and who wouldn't want Christmas in July (minus the snow!)?

How have you been feeling:

On most days, like crap. On other days, like crap that has been run over by a monster truck a few times. Other days I have the energy to brush my teeth and get dressed. I consider that an accomplishment.

Have you told William and Marie:

Yep. William was quite adamant at first that I did not have a baby in my tummy. I am sure that is because I didn't have a "big tummy" yet. He has since come to grips with the idea and is set on having a brother. Marie has picked up on the idea a lot more than I thought she would. She often mentions the baby in my tummy and just the other day she started petting my tummy and then kissed it, and I don't even look very pregnant yet. What a cutie.

2 comments:

Bud & Kim said...

Great post. ;-) Fun and informative. I live spoken and unspoken questions. It's so funny what people ask. I would never think to ask someone if a baby was an accident. Oh well, each to their own. Hope today is not a monster truck morning sickness day.

Jamie Hamblin said...

Congrats! July will be fun! Just think of the summer birthday parties