Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Valentine's Day?


Valentine's weekend was a busy time for us. We had many a discussion about how we might squeeze in a date that Saturday. Then on Saturday morning we heard the news of Cory's brother.

Suddenly our world, not just our day, was different. A day that was busy anyway suddenly became crazy.

So Valentine's Day came and went without a date, but Brandon and I have grown in our love for each other as we have helped my sister and her family through this unwanted and unexpected storm.

The only reminder of the Valentine's Day That Wasn't were the beautiful roses from my honey. They managed to brighten an otherwise dreary week. Thanks, Honey! I love you and happy 5 1/2 years!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any day can be Valentine's when we remember how special and important our spouses are.
And I think at hard times we do remember how fragile life is and how imperitive it is to take every moment to show our families love.

Jill said...

Well done, Brandon.

I'm sorry about your sister's brother-in-law. I remember the week my friend's father committed suicide. What a horrible week - and it still hurts.

Jamie Hamblin said...

Go Brandon! Great way to show you love your wife!