See this sweet princess? We haven't seen much of her lately. The princess in this picture is wearing a diaper. A blissful and carefree little princess.
Now our darling little girl wears underwear. She has had enough successes in the past 4 days that we feel obligated to deem her "ready" for this big step in her life.
On the other hand, last I remember her screaming at me as frequently as she has in the past 4 days was when she was about this size,
Then I had to go and end it 15 weeks sooner.
I am mourning the loss of diapers right now. Mourning the days when elimination could be taken care of on my time line. Even a stinky diaper can wait two minutes while mommy applies her mascara. Not so do-able when the two year old announces, "I have to go potty!" or better yet, "(with a screech) Mommy! I going pee-pee in my underwear! (screeeeeeech) Mommy!"
I fear that by the time she has really figured this potty training business out we will then bring home a new baby to throw her world into a brand new bundle of chaos.
Such is life, I suppose. Bring it on.
I think.
3 comments:
Ugh. I'm so sorry. What book can I bring you?
What a cute picture! Hang it there. I'm sure it's not easy but if anyone can do it you can!
Ah...just think-it will be nice to have only one kid in diapers at a time!
Post a Comment