Monday, May 10, 2010

Life Recently

My little brother was married this past Saturday in Houston. I went to the wedding by myself. Hubby and the kids held down the fort here in Utah. It wasn't much of a fort when I left. Regular contractions and sick kids for the 5 days before I left resulted in one chaotic household. I don't think my home has ever been as messy as it was when I gave one last glance over my shoulder before loading into the car. Good heavens. Let's not even dwell on the thoughts of what it would have looked like without the help of my incredible husband leading up to my departure. *shudder*

Despite the chaos I had to leave behind and the scare of more contractions we knew that the best thing for me was to go on the trip.

It was wonderful to be with my parents and siblings, even while missing my own little family. What was even more wonderful was coming home to a calm and clean house complete with flowers and cards and lots of hugs from three people who missed me tremendously (almost as much as I missed them, almost).

The evening was not without its temper tantrums, time-outs, or trials; but I am OK with that because I am rejuvenated and rested (6 straight hours of sleep each night versus 6 broken hours of sleep each night, *sigh*) and am right where I want to be.

This mother who was on the verge of breakdown 6 days ago is now ready to conquer her little world again.

Thanks, honey, I needed that.

4 comments:

Shelene said...

Glad everything went well and that you are back home safely! It is nice to have those little breaks every now and then. I'm glad you have an amazing husband...he sounds like mine!

Becca said...

See you need the brake!!!

Jill said...

Hooray for a break! Hooray for Brandon! Hooray for feeling better!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Dedicated mommies deserve a break now and then! It reminds you of how much you are needed, and how much you need them.