Saturday, June 12, 2010

California Adventures : Pamper Party

One afternoon I sent the boys off to see "How to Train a Dragon," leaving Sara, Marie, and I home with time to fill. Marie is old enough now that she knows when she is missing out on something (darn it), so we bribed her happiness with some "Enchanted" and some pampering.

The truth? She hardly watched the movie and fussed through having her hair and nails done. The pictures don't tell that story though. I really should take more pictures of her unhappy so that I have proof of her moodiness. Or maybe I'll just stick to the cute stuff and let all the negative memories fade away ....

First, she insisted on doing my nails. Yeah, that lasted about 15 seconds, which was when she wanted to open up the nail polish. Fat chance of that happening.

This was her first experience with nail polish. I have hesitated to introduce the stuff to her. Visions of nail polish on walls, carpets, and clothes run through my head when I consider it.

I figured Grandma's house was the perfect place for the introduction to take place. Not because I want her house covered in the stuff, but because then I can buy a year or two (or at least a couple of months?) before Marie realizes it isn't something that is exclusive to Grandma's house.

Isn't it so cute? Maybe it is worth the potential mess to do it more often. Just look at that adorable chubby foot? Proof that she has just a little bit of baby left in her.

The best we could do at a shot of the "final product." Like I said, she was a bit fussy. Just call her Miss Priss ... with some dang cute curly hair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww...I love doing nails with Eva! The good thing about nail polish bottles is that they are super hard to open, so you are probably okay...unless under all the cute little girl chub she has daddy biceps. :D