Yes, it was as simple as it looks. Thirty minutes during nap time brought us the tissue paper pom-poms. A quick trip to the dollar store after daddy got home brought us the yellow paper products. Put them together and you have a party. My philosophy on parties? You can hang one streamer from the ceiling or spend hours decorating. Either way, if you call it a party the kids are going to be thrilled. There is a time and place for both versions. This was the time and place for simplicity.
The menu was a favorite of both kids -- soup and sandwiches. I was a bit risky with the soup and tried a new recipe for pea soup. We all loved it. Phew! Dessert came from what was in my pantry and it needed to be prepared oven free. Peanut butter Rice Krispy treats dipped in melted almond bark and rolled in sprinkles.
The theme of the night was listening and following directions. Hullabaloo seemed a fitting game for the occasion. Love this game, especially the part where the winner is instructed to "do a funky dance." I can't help but giggle every time the kids start shaking their booties.
And the most meaningful moment of the evening was when we all gathered in the living room and Brandon administered a father's blessing to William to give him strength and guidance in his second year of preschool.
Happy First Day of School Eve 2010!




3 comments:
How fun! Looks like you guys had a blast!
Um, recipe hunter here, may I have that pea soup recipe? And this Hullaballo game, why have I not heard of this? Great job on the Eve party. I remember you doing this last year and I was looking forward to seeing what your family did this year.
p.s. how do you get William to sit and let Brandon give him a blessing? RJ runs screaming from the room whenever Dave has tried, no matter how sick he is. Sigh.
Post a Comment