At the end of August William started his first season of soccer. At the first game, the only thing I can claim as a success is that we got there with his entire uniform and the camera. No chairs. No water. No snacks. Thankfully a boy from our neighborhood is on his team and this boys parents were generous enough to share their chairs, snacks, and water with us. (The snacks for Marie specifically, you know that right?) I am such a rookie. My first kid is playing soccer and I didn't even play when I was little. Rookie to the first degree.
| William showed up with his usual zest for everything in life. This kid's happiness is so contagious. I can't help but grin from ear to ear when I look at this picture. |
| Are you smiling yet? You should be. I think he likes soccer, just a bit. Who knew such joy could come out of waiting your turn to kick the ball into the goal. I love this kid. In all the excitement, he did manage to kick the ball a few times and during his first game he even scored a goal. Yay, William! His second game was a bit different, with more time spent like this than actually playing. He even managed to give the entire group of spectators a good laugh when he wrestled down a couple of members on the opposite team in the first play of the game. A football player in the making, perhaps? We now have three games under our belts and I am happy to say that the third game was tackle free. As for me, I think I've got this soccer mom thing figured out and you know what, I think I'm gonna like it. |
1 comment:
I love this boy of yours. He makes me so happy just watching joy spring out from him all over everyone in the vicinity.
Post a Comment