When William started preschool last year I was excited for him, but always felt unsettled. I tried to talk myself out of the unsettled-ness all year. He loved school. His teacher was wonderful. He was learning his ABCs and 123s. He was making new friends and learning to sit still. All the proper elements to the preschool equation.
I just didn't like it.
I knew what I really wanted. I wanted him to be in Joy School. I wanted to be his teacher every once in a while. I wanted access to the curriculum so I could know what he was learning. I needed him to begin to learn how to handle himself emotionally and socially so much more than I wanted him to learn his ABCs and 123s.
I had tried to put together a group, but it just wasn't in the cards then.
Leading into this fall I was determined to make it happen this year. Even though I knew I would have a new baby, I was determined to make it happen.
And it did. And I am so glad.
No unsettled feelings here. We all know Thursday was a little (a lot!) rough, but I still know this is what is best for William and for me.
Bad days come and bad days go, but this little boy will only be a preschooler for one more year. With the help of some other fabulous moms I know that I am making the best of it and that this year is going to be stupendous!
2 comments:
That's great! I have heard a lot about Joy school, but haven't looked into it. Let us know how it goes!
I'm so glad you did it. It has taught me more (I think) than my kids. We love Joy School. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Post a Comment