I have three rules for birthday parties. 1) No parties until 4-years-old. 2) Friend parties will only happen on even number birthdays. 3) The number of guests will directly correlate with the age of the birthday child.
I broke all three rules this year on behalf of Marie. She’s been suffering from some middle child syndrome (already?!) and I thought that a play-date on the morning of her birthday would give her some much needed all-about-Marie time.
We filled our time with finger nail painting, a small photo shoot, dancing, games, a small snack, and opening presents. The girls were all darling and so much fun to be with. Can I just say that again? Spending the morning with these sweet little girls was so much fun! I couldn’t believe the difference between a party with 6 girls and a party with 5 boys (William’s party back in January).
At the end of the time we sent them home with their own tiaras, lip gloss, a princess wand, and lots of gratitude. Marie couldn’t have asked for a better party.
Such a pretty, pretty princess!
The evening of her birthday we celebrated as a family. She opened a couple more presents from us and one more from Grandma P. I think it is safe to say that she is getting pretty good at the princess pose, wouldn’t you agree?
Oh my goodness. She is a girl through and through! She is in love with all her new dress-up clothes and her Cinderella tea set.Love it!
2 comments:
Marie is such a doll, I love all the pics of her. Sadie had sooo much fun at her party. She talked about it after for days. Thanks for having her over. Happy Birthday Marie!!
Awww...She is darling!
Eva is struggling with the middle child syndrome, too. I think it's tough on little people to be inbetween, especially if they are used to a lot of mommy time. You are such a good mommy for casting the rules asside for you little princess! :D
Post a Comment