I saw this book, Pancakes, Pancakes by Eric Carle, at the library and knew it would be a hit here at our house.
In the book the boy eats his pancakes at the end with strawberry jam. After reading it William was quick to request strawberry jam on his pancakes, "Just like Jack does." I was surprised. He is a syrup boy all the way. I wasn't surprised when he asked for syrup to dip after a few bites. The next time we had pancakes William informed me that we had to have pancakes with chocolate chip eyes and chocolate syrup smiles and eyebrows "like it is on (cover of) the book." (Did you follow the link above? The cover of the book is pictured, take a look.) Yes, sir!
| Marie assisted me in drawing her smile. |
| The face was 100% William's creation. |
1 comment:
That William is a smart fellow. We had pancakes almost every morning of my life because they are an inexpensive way to feed a family with 6 boys. The only way I'd eat them for years is if they had chocolate chips in them.
Post a Comment