Tuesday, April 5, 2011

10 Bits of Randomness

1. For the past two and a half weeks I have had Brandon wake me up before he leaves for work (as opposed to using the kids as my alarm clock, which is what I have always done in the past). I get up, exercise, and get ready before (if I'm lucky) the kids wake up. If the kids do wake up they play in their room (most of the time) until I am ready to make them breakfast. It has been awesome. I can't believe how NOT tired I am throughout the day. My energy is boosted and I am in better spirits because I have had time for myself before I face the daily grind of tantrums, teasing, cleaning, whining, laundry, cooking, cleaning, teething, nursing, hugs, cleaning, laughs, stories, toys, etc., etc., etc. Really, it's lovely. I never thought that I would think getting up early would be lovely. Look at me, all grown up and being responsible.

 2. A stop at Tracy Aviary a couple of weeks ago brought us face to face with a peacock. I thought to myself how magical it would be if that peacock would spread it's tail. Apparently, peacocks can read my mind. Look at that gorgeousness! Thank you, Mr. Peacock, you made my day.

 3. two wooden spoons + one metal bowl = one happy Anne

 4. William has been learning to read. Marie appreciates this new skill.

 5. Sometimes William just plays with Anne, rather than poke and prod and bother her and try to lift her up and make her scream even though she was playing happily for once. Those 'sometimes' are priceless and very worth documenting. He really is the best big brother, sometimes.

6. And then there are those times when I am cleaning the kitchen and getting dinner started and Anne wakes up early from her nap. Water makes Anne happy. A happy Anne allows Mommy to finish what she is doing. It's a win-win situation.

7. Remember this goal? Yeah, still working on it. 

8. I've been wanting to pull off  the skinny jeans/boots style myself but can't bring myself to buy a new style of jeans in my not quite ideal size. (Still working on those last 10 stubborn pounds!) Thankfully, I can live vicariously through Marie. Such a cutie.

 9. Playing prince and princess -- a spontaneous activity after dinner one evening. They figured out the hand holds and everything.

10. Although I adore Cory and Rachel, it is my cute Grandma that causes me to post this picture. She has been on my mind a lot lately. She fell this past week and broke her hip. She was trying to pick an orange in my parent's backyard and down she went. It was only 7 or 8 months ago that she broke her other hip while swatting at a fly in her own home. Grandma has been an undeniable source of strength in my life. Send your prayers her way. We need her to stick around for a many more years to come, and in one functioning piece, preferably. God willing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I used to do the whole wake-up-before-the-kids thing. I really liked doing it! So, keep it up! :D

I don't think I could do the skinny jean thing, either...it looks painful. Marie looks nice and sassy, though.

I hope your Grandma gets better soon! It's hard when the ones you love are suffering.

Becca said...

The last post almost made me cry but I held it together and no I don't remember the organizational goal of the kids closet.

mike and elise said...

I've been debating for some time on getting up earlier myself, for the same reasons. The only thing holding me back is the commitment to go to bed earlier. I would LOVE to get up earlier to get stuff done before the craziness begins. One day. I can feel the shift coming. Soon. Just not this week. Or probably next. Maybe the one after that. :)

Jill said...

William is a sweety. He gave me many kisses and hugs today after our initial squall. You are a lucky mom. And inspiring. Thank you.

I will keep your grandma in my prayers. I'm so sorry.

(Side note: Muffled joy! Sorry. I'm simply amazed Google is letting me post a comment! Practically squealing here. For some reason my OS doesn't like comment forms in-line with posts, I can comment on pop-out forms, but not these. Weird. I don't know why. I'd file a complaint with Google, but the form would probably be an in-line one.)

Bud & Kim said...

I've started doing that too and it's made a huge difference in my day. Granted Abby wakes up with me at 6:30 am but it's nice to get scripture reading in and some working out before the day starts.