She perked up enough for us to feed her lunch but only a couple of hours later lunch came right back up.
| 04.11.11, evening |
Actually, after too many negative experiences at Urgent Care with children we opted to go to Wee Care Pediatrics. I didn't realize I needed an appointment, but the receptionist was quick to help Anne get into a doctor. She saw the worry on my face, I'm sure, and I'm grateful for her willingness to work with me and my frazzled self.
Discussed Anne's history with the doctor.
Checked her breathing. Just a little wheezing.
Checked her oxygen levels. Great.
Chest x-ray. Good.
Checked her ears. Red. Pussy. Bulging. Still.
Enter Rocephin.
April 11:
Anne woke up without a fever and with an appetite. She was wiggly and squirmy and ready to crawl and her smile was back. We could not believe the change we saw in her already. Brandon took the morning off so I could do a follow-up appointment with our regular pediatrician. She had another rocephin shot and I was told to go back the next day for her last dose.We also tested for RSV and found out it was positive.
| 04.12.11, evening |
Today:
Every time I look at Anne I say a prayer of gratitude for the inspiration we received to take Anne to the doctor and the scientific developments that allowed my sweet baby to recover so quickly. On Sunday we felt like we were watching our baby slip away from us. Now today you wouldn't even know that she was that sick just three days before. She still has a slight cough and a clear runny nose but the fever and wheezing are gone. I hated seeing her get those shots (so much worse than immunizations!) but I am grateful they were there for her when she needed them. We are truly blessed to live in this time.
9 comments:
Oh man! I remember how anxious I was when Mayci was sick, and I know that when they are babies it is even worse. I am glad she is feeling better!
How scary! I am so glad to hear she is feeling much better. I think having a sick baby is the hardest thing. As a Mom, you just want to make it all better right away.
So glad she is on the mend...hopefully for good this time! Poor baby!
geesh just make me cry why don't you. I didn't realize she was sick that long!! Ear infection are the worse especial when they don't go away. Well i am grateful that Brandon s worthy to give a priesthood blessing in the time of need.
wow, that is really scary! Those pictures of her just laying there with Brandon are so sad. That would be such a scary thing to see as a parent. I'm so grateful for modern medicine and educated doctors to help figure everything out! And what a wonderful blessing the Priesthood is in our lives too. I'm hoping that she's really better for good this time! What a sweetheart.
Oh, talk about a double whammy! Ear infections and RSV? No fair. There is nothing quite so alarming as when your normally happy, energetic, curious baby is lethargic. That is when you know something is going on! I'm so sorry she's been so sick, and I agree with you.... modern medicine is miraculous! Good luck!
Oh my, so sorry. What a horrible and scary mess to live through. I'm so glad you have your Anne back.
I am so glad she is doing better! There is nothing so scary as a sick baby! Sending many prayers your way.
So scary! Poor little girl. Abby was sick for 10 days will a low fever and then just when I thought she was getting better she got an ear infection. It was so sad. I can't imagine how poor little Anne felt. Glad to see that smile again.
Post a Comment