Brandon's first TDY of his career sent him off to Austin, TX and left me alone with William and Marie. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't wonderful either. My world is off balance when Brandon isn't around.
His next TDY found him in Boston and me in California at my parent's house. Better.
 |
| William, Marie, and me at Ventura Beach -- 04/2009 |
Next came a conference in Anaheim. We drove out to my parent's house as a family and spent a week together, then Brandon went down to Anaheim. I joined him for 2 of the 4 nights while the kids stayed with grandma and grandpa. Even better.
 |
| BFF Laura, Liam, William, Me, Marie at my parent's house -- 09/2009 |
This year took Brandon to San Diego. He volunteered for the conference, who wouldn't. Again, we drove out to my parent's house. This time, I joined him for the entire conference. Three days and three nights, just me and my sweetie. The BEST.
 |
Me and my love in San Diego -- 05/2011
Some highlights:

We stayed in the Hard Rock Hotel which was also the location of the conference. That's it at the very end of the street on the right, just before you get to PETCO park aka the Padres stadium.

Looking out our hotel window at the convention center.

I spent my second morning wandering around Coronado and relaxing on the beach. This is a look down one of the streets. |
Sunset Cliffs -- Brandon served his mission in San Diego and would often play soccer at a park somewhere along here. I was thrilled to see the beautiful vistas that he has often raved about. The real thing did not disappoint at all.
 |
| Ten mile bike ride around Mission Bay. Gorgeous! |
The icing on the cake was attending an endowment session at the San Diego Temple. The last time I was in this temple was 9 years ago and it had been 8 years for Brandon.
3 comments:
So happy for you (and jealous :P) What an awesome trip! I wish I could tag along on my husband's business trips, he is always going to fun places, too.
How fun! By the way you seriously look so good. :-)
What a crazy good TDY. I love little gifts of tender mercies.
Post a Comment