Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First Day of School Eve


 The Menu:
Toasted Baguette Slices
Carrots
Turkey Kielbasa Slices
Granny Smith Apples
IBC Root Beer




The theme was based on the primary song with the same title. I was singing with the kids one day and struck by the lyrics, "Stand by your conscience, your honor, your faith; Stand like a hero and battle till death." Yes! That is exactly what has been rolling through my heart and mind as I have pondered on the idea of sending William off into the big world to make his own decisions. We'll be singing the song a lot this year. 



 And just to prove that we were really at this party ... yes, we're the two crazies behind all this chaos. 

After our brief lesson and a father's blessing for both William and Marie, a little game of Swap! ended the night.

Here's to another school year! (One which I am quite excited to begin. It's going to be quite the adventure.)

3 comments:

Sandy said...

You are an AWESOME Mom!

Amy said...

Okay you give me inspiration! I have been having a hard time trying to carve out any "real" time I spend with the older two since our new baby has come into the pic. Please pass on any wisdom you have and also...you are so creative. Its sick. Please pass along your ideas too!! :)

Jill said...

Okay, I know this is mostly about Wililam's eve of the first day of kindergarten, but...HOLY COW! When did Marie grow up about a year or two?!? My word, what a beautiful little girl she is!
Your table and theme are wonderful. Well done, my crafty, creative, ever-talented friend. You inspire me to do better.