Thursday, October 13, 2011

Dear Marie

You are 4. 4?! You were our tiny little baby with a spitfire cry and opinions to match it. You stole our sleep and our hearts. You could make me smile and cringe within minutes of each other. In the beginning, life overwhelmed you, but you adjusted and grew and developed. 
It was a tough year, but we all survived and then the time began to be a blur as you developed into a toddler and then a little girl. 
Was it really an entire year before you turned 2 or did we somehow time warp? It all went so fast. If it weren't for the pictures and written memories I would hardly be able to remember that time. 
And suddenly you were three. The only way I can describe this year would be Girl with a capital G. Your world consists of princesses and dolls, pink and purple, dresses and skirts, singing and dancing. And you are growing up so fast.

Some days I blink and you are even more grown up, older looking, more mature. Becoming a big sister sped the process up even more. What a good big sister you have become. You are just as quick or sometimes faster than me to attend to Anne's needs and you are almost always spot on with what she needs.

You are our nurturer and our care taker. You remind me to love more, listen more, and care more. You are thrilled to be 4 and I am thrilled for you. Your daddy and I can't wait to see what this year has in store for you. I love you, sweet Marie. Happy 4th Birthday!

Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

Jill said...

Time warp is right! How did that all happen so fast???? What a sweet and beautiful girl you have.

Rachel said...

i am pretty sure i was just looking at your new post about her 3rd birthday. still can't believe she is 4! and so grown up looking! love little marie!

also...you know me and headbands and big flowers and such but...i like that one she is wearing! (4 year pic.) did you make it? or buy it?

Amy said...

:::goosebumps:::

apulsiph said...

She's so beautiful! We miss ya'll - sad to be missing birthdays (and everything else).