Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Morning

Jill and I have both been doing Joy School solo with our daughters. When it came time for the Halloween "unit" Ari, who attended Joy School last year, insisted that there be a party. Jill invited us to join and who am I to say no to a party with some of our favorite people? I mean really, I may be crazy, but I'm not dumb. We invited Luke and family, another Joy School alum, to join in the fun, too. It was a perfect morning for me, who at the time was feeling completely exhausted from the overhaul we had just given our house in order to put it on the market. I very much appreciated a chance to get out of my house and forget about life for a couple of hours.


 After a bit of play time for the kids and party prep for the moms, the party started with a little Halloween parade and couple of Halloween songs.

 Marie came dressed as a ladybug and proceeded to change into 4 different costumes out of Ari's dress up box. She finally settled on the fairy costume. William, on the other hand, was and always will be content to stick with what he knows. He was Optimus Prime. End of discussion.

 For lunch the kids made mummy pizzas and monster mouths and gobbled up some carrot eyeballs.

And, thanks to the beautiful weather we were graced with on Halloween, the kids spent the rest of the time playing outside while the moms got some time to sit and chat.

Perfection.

No comments: