My time at the hospital after Samuel's birth was, um, unique. Just 12 hours after he was born I checked my e-mail and found a request from our real estate agent to show our house on Saturday.
We had made the decision to stop all showings for at least a month and proceeded to let the agent know this.
The return e-mail was jaw dropping. The prospective buyers loved the house and already had an offer written. They wanted to know if they could see it that night, before I brought the baby home, in hopes that would make it easier on us.
So Samuel and I spent Thursday alone in the hospital while Brandon took care of the kids and busted out an incredible cleaning job on the house. We stopped counting after about 20, but if we had to take a guess this was probably our 35th showing. Brandon was better than he ever wanted to be at getting the house "show ready".
I don't remember detail for detail from here on out and they aren't particularly interesting or important.
Time passed, we did a bit of negotiating and finally, after almost 5 very long months, our house was under contract.
That's when I cried.

2 comments:
So glad you are on the other side of things now, although we miss you all very much! We're happy that we get to see you guys so much, still!
Wow. So much going on! You have an adorable little goo to hold on to, though! :D
Post a Comment