We kicked off May with Samuel's blessing day. To complain about the craziness that led up to this event would be redundate. I already mentioned that April was a bit, uh, blurry.
So, let's just focus on how wonderful the day was. I love getting a chance to celebrate each of my new little ones. I love planning the menu and hosting our families. I love showing off my sweet baby. It is a sacred, special, and wonderfully beautiful day. The irony this time around was that we finally have a house big enough to host the crowds we've had for past blessings and it was our smallest group yet. Go figure.
At the luncheon we served pulled pork sandwiches on Hawaiian sweet rolls, spinach artichoke dip (expertly made by my sister Rachel), chili cheese dip, tortilla chips, veggies and ranch, and a fruit pizza bar (put together by my incredible mother). The only thing we had leftovers of was the veggies. We were feeding a very health conscious crowd, huh? I didn't get any pictures of the spread, but it was yummy and beautiful and thoroughly enjoyed by all.
One of my goals of the day was to get a family picture in front of our house. Samuel was hungry. My eyes are nearly closed. It was slightly windy. And I think Marie is in mid jump. My sister Becca took about a gazillion shots of us. My eyes are nearly closed or closed in every single one. Samuel was hungry in every single one. It was slightly windy in ... well, you get the point. A very real photo.
Speaking of Becca, she grabbed Samuel in the morning when I was still frantically trying to get myself and other things ready and snuggled with him in the recliner. I think they were both quite happy with the arrangement. He was quite annoyed when I had to claim him back to get him dressed and feed him. I couldn't blame him.
Samuel is named after my great grandfather, Samuel Dent. Grandma Williams (pictured above) was quite proud to hear that we had chosen her father's name. I don't know much about her father. I intend to find out more about him while she can still tell me. I do know that her oldest son is named after him and that is saying something. A lot, actually.
Samuel is a special addition to our family. He is loving and adorable and cuddly and darling and such a blessing. I'm grateful to call him mine and pray that I may always live worthy of the blessing that he is.
2 comments:
Love your dress. Love the shoes. And the picture is just right. Happy new baby! Well, newer than Anne. :)
I love his sweet, chubby face!
Post a Comment