Some highlights in August and September:
With nervousness and hesitance from all involved, William started first grade at his new school. His teacher is in our ward. In fact, her husband is the bishop. She is wonderfully kind and William has quickly made friends. It hasn't been as smooth of a transition as we would have liked, but it has been a learning, growing, and stretching experience for us. Any chance to better ourselves is a good one, right?
After watching "Say Yes to the Dress" my girls asked if they could try on my wedding dress and veil. I obliged with the veil. Brandon said he would like several more years decades before he sees his baby girls looking anything at all like brides. I would have to wholeheartedly agree.
Nearly three weeks after William started school, it was finally Marie's turn! Look at this sassy pants. What am I going to do with her?! She loves school and couldn't be happier to be able to sing, play, and create with her classmates and teacher.
Isn't this classroom just adorable? Whenever I drop Marie off I want to stay and play too!
Upon completion, the Brigham City temple hosted an open house so all who desired could see inside it's beautiful walls. Brandon and William attended with the youth in our ward. The camera did not go along for the ride. Marie, Samuel, and I went a couple of weeks later. The camera decided to come this time. It was such a special moment with Marie. They used a lot of peach blossoms throughout the decor and she loved searching each room for them. A temple worker pulled her aside and pointed out to her that they were on all the doorknobs. She loved that! Her favorite part was the sparkly chandeliers in the celestial room.
And a quick Sunday photo shoot when we realized we were all ready to go and had a couple of extra minutes (It's a miracle!). I love seeing my family dressed up in their Sunday best.
No comments:
Post a Comment