Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Lusty Month of May (Name that musical!)

A favorite activity from Joy School was revisited when I taught Anne's mommy school group.
We read "Caps for Sale" and then acted it out. They can do this over and over and over again.
I couldn't help but reflect on my other preschool group. These little ones will always hold a special place in my heart. Love them. (circa February 2011)
Marie is so grown up now and was my perfect little helper that day.
This activity was a hit so I wanted to remember it. The kiddos stacked their "hats" on the "trees". Blobs of play dough, small sticks (I cut of the sharp end of wooden skewers), and Cheerios.
Uncle Jeff stopped by for a visit before he went off to save North Carolina from its pest problems for the summer.
These kids. I'm glad their uncles put up with their wild antics.
My grandparents were in town from California and paid us a visit. My kids sure do love their great-grandparents. It was a very pleasant visit. Other than the fact that grandma was completely obsessing over my "black hair". She wouldn't believe me when I told her it is my natural color. 
A wonderful Mother's Day and birthday surprise came in the form of a day long Power of Moms retreat at the home of Richard and Linda Eyre.
It was uplifting and motivating and refreshing and just what I needed as I have worked through the challenges of the stage of motherhood I am in.
April Perry is down to earth and real and so motivational. I have grown to love her through her articles and podcasts. (She wrote this article which went viral, and rightly so.) So what did I do? I cried like a baby when I met her and tried to tell her so. She put up with me quite gracefully. {sigh} Sometimes I with I weren't such a ninny. 
A celebrity in my book, I was happy to have a quick exchange with Linda and thank her for sharing her wisdom. She helped my mom raise me (through her writings) and is helping me raise my kids. Truly inspired woman.
William started his first season of baseball and did very well. Baseball suits the way his mind works very well. We were proud of him and the success he had.
I tried my hand at somenew hairstyles. This one was especially fun.
My children and husband loved and spoiled me appropriately on Mother's Day. 
Miss Sassy Pants had her last day of preschool.
She had to show me her newly acquired skill that she had worked so hard on at recess. 
Such a fun and silly group of girls she went to school with. Unfortunately the area is very divided in the schools it goes to. These girls are divided between 3-4 schools.



For my birthday, I had Brandon and the kids "give to me" a rug that I had picked up a yard sale. My real gift was the retreat, but we wanted the kids to be able to give me something. It is such an important part of birthdays, in their mind.
It was quite dramatic and so funny to act out. 
Did I mention our kids love giving gifts? It is fantastic.
And the rug ties our room together so well. The creases have worked themselves our and I just LOVE our room now. It is definitely a haven for me.
Chicken mango salsa soup was on the menu for dinner. So good.
Brandon made the cake. I decorated it.
Happy birthday to me!
Towards the end of the month my friend Kim was in the area tending her sister's kids. I drove down to visit her at her sister's house and we were able to visit for a while. It was great to see each other again. We went to school together at USU. Such fun memories!
Marie and Aubrielle hit it off right away and had a blast together.
Love ya, Kim!
Marie's first piano recital.
We finished off May with a visit to The Farm in Idaho. 
Dinner was roasted hot dogs and, naturally, we had s'mores for dessert.

I couldn't help but take some pictures of some of my favorite little parts of grandma's house. This cookies jar was always full when we came to visit growing up. 
It was lovely to see Grandma. 
She is a rock in my life and one of the strongest and most faithful women I know.
A stop at the cemetery as the last item on our agenda before heading back home. Love you, Grandpa!
And the grand finale of the month was Marie losing her first tooth! 
Who told her she could go and grow up on me?

3 comments:

Becca said...

Camolet...I cheated I looked it up.

Maren said...

Camelot! May was quite the busy month for you. You are almost caught up. It is fun to hear what you're family has been up to.

Jill said...

I have never seen Camelot. I vote you come visit me or I visit you and we rectify this.

What a month!

I'm so glad you had so many amazing moments in May - and that I had a chance to be a part of a few of them. Thank you for all you inspire and push me to do. I am better because of you.