As I write these posts I'm beginning to realize why I was so tired through this entire trip. Day six, seven,eight, and nine?! Anyone with 4 young children should only have to endure go-go-go for about 2 days at a time. However, that is not the Pulsipher way and really, if it was, where would be the fun in that?
Day Six: We found ourselves packing the cars and vans and trailer to head down South for some beach camping. A few bumps along the way and longer than anticipated packing got us there later than we wanted BUT, we made it. Everybody made it. Camp was set up. Dinner was prepared and served. And no on had any interest in attempting to visually document that chaos. Can you blame us?
The next day the REAL fun began. The entire clan found it's way down to San Clemente Beach to spend a day on the sand and water.
William spent a good portion of his time getting the hang of boogie boarding. Time and time again he went out into that water and rode the waves in. He rode the board so much that he got a rash on his stomach. After that, he was content to dig in the sand and chase the waves with his cousins.
Anne played some, but she really discovered that her happy place was sleeping on the beach. That day for three to four hours she laid there, part of the time she was sleeping and then after she woke up she laid there with her binkie taking in the calm, relaxing atmosphere.
Samuel loved the beach. Loved it. Loved it as in, he went straight for the water every chance he had for a good portion of the time (Brandon and I did not have quite the calm and relaxing experience that Anne did because of this.). When he wasn't trying to turn into a fish he was finding holes to climb into or food to eat. He was nicknamed the little scavenger with good reason.
Marie was out by the water all day long. I think she came in to eat lunch. I think. Maybe? She played and played and played. Digging in the sand, splashing in the waves, and laughing with her cousin Mary.
We love beach days!
No comments:
Post a Comment