My kids, upon realizing that we have Irish ancestors, have decided that St. Patrick's Day is a pretty awesome and totally rad holiday. It isn't because the leprechauns have visited them every year with green goodies, or because they get new shirts or because their milk is always magically turned green. Nope, those are just bonuses to the fact that it is an Irish holiday and they are Irish. That makes me happy.
The leprechauns played it simple this year with an assortment of green goodies to include in their lunches. Green shirts had been purchased a few weeks prior at Children's Place. Thank you, Children's Place, for always having an assortment of green shirts for super cheap.
Besides that it was a normal day. A Tuesday, so I had to drive down to Layton for Anne's preschool. Sam and I filled the time by wandering Target and spending more money than I should have. I couldn't help myself! Sam, without me noticing, opened up a couple of packages of hot wheels at the beginning of the trip so he was super content to let me wander the store. William used to lay down and drive his cars like this. My boys and their cars.
He was totally zoning out in the first picture and without even blinking,
he noticed I was taking a picture and stuck out his tongue.
When I laughed, he threw himself back into the cart in a fit of glee. That day, it was absolutely delightful to spend time with my buddy. I like days like that.
The rest of the day was spent laying low at home. I loved seeing them cuddle like this while they watched a movie. I think it must have been cold or rainy that day.
1 comment:
Cuddles on cold and rainy days are good memories to capture. Also a cute little guy in the cart.
I didn't know you had Irish ancestry! That does make the holiday feel more personal instead of usurped. Your kids are right on. Thank you for helping with our holiday too. That was a miserable day and your willingness to jump in made it work. Thank you!!!!
Post a Comment