Sunday, May 24, 2015

Marie's First Grade Opera

May 7th, our sweet Miss Marie had a class performance. They performed an opera that was written and staged by them. In preparation for it, Marie came home every single day excited to tell us about the latest developments. So, I am going to let her do the talking on this blog post:
 This is the opera and it takes place in Africa. There are monkeys, cats, rhinos, and giraffes. We painted all the scenery. I painted so much that I can't remember exactly what I painted.
 That's my friends and me. Ari, RJ, and Knightely. They came to see me and I was excited because they don't go to my school. I felt special because they came. They are my best friends.
 That's me and my friend Kyla. We were monkeys together. We did exactly the same thing the whole time. We liked to do actions to the songs.
 That's me and my sister Anne. And we're by the bilboa tree. I was glad that Anne was there and everybody else.
 I feel happy because Sam is so cute and I really like his smile.
This is my teacher Mrs. Maw by the bilbao tree, also. We made it all by ourself. She is really nice to me and my class. I'm so glad she's my teacher and I hope that she will teach me for 4th grade.

The Opera!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Thank you for letting us know about it. It was such a cute production and Marie was a delight to watch, always right on beat, enthusiastic and singing along with her whole heart. Great job, Marie!!!!