Sunday, August 2, 2015

May Happenings

 Oh, Mother's Day. It just didn't pan out to be spectacular this year, mostly because Brandon wasn't feeling well, so I was feeling guilty about him doing all the work to make it special for me so I didn't let myself relax and than I was mad that I couldn't and ... oh, it was all so silly. Why do we do those things to ourselves?

The good news is that Brandon did make a mighty spectacular strawberry cheesecake.
 And these are the little rascals that make me a proud mama. I love them so much!!
 Marie and Anne put on a show for us one evening. The storylines left a bit to be desired, but were a cross between Little Red Riding Hood and Tinkerbell and Mary Had a Little Lamb.
 Anne in all of her dramatic glory just makes me smile. (Ooops, should have edited that red-eye.)
 I just love watching my kids do what they love when they have free time. Playing with cars in his bedroom is especially wonderful because he isn't making mischief (which he is really very good at!).
 And when they read together, well, that sends me over the edge. 
 Read on, kiddos!
 And it wouldn't be May without my birthday and a super delicious cake that everybody should experience at least once in their lives. Seriously, folks, this is the best cake that I have ever had in my life. I mean it. And I can say that, not to brag, because I didn't create the recipe. I just followed the recipe and boy am I glad that I did!
 I'm also quite pleased that Brandon gave me this little extra something as a gift for my birthday. Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea DVDs. The big gift was a new DSLR camera. Yay!
 As always, we enjoyed the cows throughout May. This picture was particularly funny. I didn't quite catch it in the perfect moment, but it had been raining (because that is what it did throughout pretty much all of May) and the wind was blowing towards our house. All the cows had turned their back to the wind and rain and were, therefore, all facing us. It looked like they were staring us down  and was a bit creepy, I must admit. 
May ended with a bang by paying a much needed visit to Grandma Howe. We love her so much and are so grateful we had such a nice time with her.

So, there's that. Until next time.

No comments: