Today was rough after school. School is rough. Class work is rough. Learning new routines and schedules and teacher expectations and juggling it all in a brain that fires differently than most, it's rough. If he could only learn and study what he is interested in, he'd be a great student. But tonight, he had to do multiplication tables and story problems. These are not what interests him, just in case you are wondering.
I write tonight because I want both William and me to remember what I told him in my little pep talk. I told him I know this is hard. I know it doesn't come easy for him like it does for others. But I also know that it's okay. It's okay for something to be hard for us. It's okay to have to work hard for something that others can just breeze through. Heavenly Father did not send us here to find the easiest route and he does not show us love by taking away what's hard. He sent us here so that we can learn to lean on Him when it gets hard.
I'm so grateful for that knowledge. I don't know how I'd see my precious boy through these rough days without it.

1 comment:
He is so lucky to have you in his corner. Your faith in him and his purpose is inspiring. Thank you for sharing this.
Post a Comment