Wednesday, January 16, 2008

January Blah

I have not felt extremely motivated to blog lately. Perhaps the previous post explains the reason and should be more appropriately titled "Some months are better than others." Basically, I am a California girl at heart. I'm not gonna lie. I would rather be able to take my energetic boy outside all 12 months of the year, instead of having all 4 seasons (for any Californians reading this, that would be summer, fall, winter, spring). Ho . . . hum . . . so in an effort to boost my spirits I thought I would do just what I don't feel like doing . . . blog. Maybe some adorable pictures of my children will boost everybody's post-Christmas blues. Which begs the question . . . what is the use of snow after it has provided you with a White Christmas?




3 comments:

Becca said...

It sounds like you need so indoor activity suggestions.

Contact paper tape on the ground w/ stick side up. Lay out different shaped paper, feathers, old playing cards, string, old film negatives. Kids love to explore the cause and effect of this paper. Take off his shoes to see if he will walk on it.(you can even tape it to the carpet floor with packing tape)

If your not afriad of a mess.
A large tuba ware box (the under the bed size) fill it with a little bit off water. Pour oatmeal into an old pair of nylons, tie at the end . Let him explore the oatmeal in the water.

Freeze some toys in water in any tub aware. Then dump it out in a bigger container.

Mix cornstarch and water. Makes a goopy mixture. Explore in a large container. Best thing is when it drys all you have to do is wipe it of his clothes cause it turns to powder.

I suggest doing all this activities in the kitchen. Easier clean up.

CaliforniaCoxs said...

I think that we need to trade places. Here I am in CA wondering, will I ever get used to this BLAH without snow? And for your info, you can't play all 12 months here, you will melt in the summer!! ;) Cheer up!

Kimberly Badger said...

Marie is SO beautiful! Your kids are getting so big. I totally understand the not loving winter thing. Snow is nice but sun is better! That my dear is why I love AZ so much. :) Try to stay warm!