It is my little sister Rachel's birthday. She is the big 2-4 today and I got to talk to her for 40 minutes this afternoon! Our relationship is like wine. It grows better with age. Besides that, I love birthdays for people I love. It is so fun to have a day set aside to remember how wonderful they are and to be glad they are in my life. So, happy birthday Rachel!____________________________________________________________________
I love my kids. They are just super cute and teach me so much. This past week we have all been sick and it has really tried my patience and my endurance. I have cleaned up William's puke 6 days in a row (so far, we are puke-free today!) and I slept on the couch two nights ago with Marie because she kept waking up and wanting her pacifier. Never mind the fact that Brandon and I were only breathing because of chain dosing on Dayquil and Nyquil. Despite all of that I have been reminded over and over this past week why I am so blessed. From Marie's smiles and loving looks to William's curiosity and love for learning I am thrilled to be Mommy to these two wonderful kids. They are the best. Cliche, I know, but still very true.____________________________________________________________________

Speaking of being sick, today is the first day since my cold showed its unwanted self, that I am not sniffling , sneezing, and coughing. Hallelujah!
____________________________________________________________________
Appropriately enough, on this the first day of Spring, I noticed that the bulbs I planted back in November have poked out of the ground. Tulips and irises. Yippee! (If you click on the image, you can see it larger and get a really good look at those cute little buds)____________________________________________________________________
Remember my Valentine's flower story? Well, proflowers.com sent me another bouquet because the tulips didn't last the 7 days that they guarantee. I got to pick the flowers and the arrival date, so I picked today so I would have a pretty arrangement during Easter weekend.____________________________________________________________________


1 comment:
Yeah! I love your reasons for loving life...it is good for us all to get a little dose of gratitude! Hope you are all healthy soon!
Post a Comment